Enrol your child
As Scouts, we prepare young people with skills for life.
Enrol your child with Penn & Tylers Green Beavers, Cubs or Scouts and give them opportunities to make new friends, try new and exciting activities, and participate in group adventures.
Scouting is available to boys and girls from the ages of 6-14 from in and around the Penn & Tylers Green.
Please complete the enrolment form via the link. Our membership administrator will respond to you with progress on your child’s application as soon as possible. Please note that applications for Beavers can only be made once your child is 5 years old.
By completing the enrolment form you consent for your data to be held by the Penn & Tylers Green Scout Group (the “Group”) and for such data to be used by adult members of the Group to contact you in matters relating to Scouting activity.
You should receive an acknowledgement if your application form has been successfully received. If not, or for any other questions, please contact email@example.com
As places become available, new members will be invited to join on the first meeting after a school full/half term break. Membership depends on the availability of spaces and it may not always be possible to offer a place on a specific evening.
As Scouting is a registered charity, we can claim gift aid on subscriptions. Please complete the gift aid form (sent with subscriptions) if you are able to do so.
Scouting is run entirely by volunteers and acceptance of your child as a member of our group constitutes your commitment as a parent to support scouting activities.
There are many ways in which you can support scouting activities.
- For Beavers and Cubs, we operate a parent rota to provide the leaders with support for each meeting.
- The leaders need support in assembling and dismantling camps and ferrying equipment to and from the stores at the rear of the scout hut
- We run jumble sales twice a year to raise funds to provide equipment and support camps. We need help to sort, sell, bake cakes and serve refreshments.We also provide a Christmas Postal service and require volunteer posties to deliver the cards.
- The Executive Management Group provides support services to the group (finance, administration etc) enabling the Leaders to devote their time to running group activities.
- Ultimately, we are looking to recruit new section leaders to sustain the future of Scouting in our area.
Further details of all these opportunities can be found on our website, ptgscouts.org.uk